9.13.2009

The rains came down and the floods came up

Last Sunday our Stake held a fast for rain. Well, we now have some rain. Heavenly Father really has answered our prayers. A great side effect is better temperatures (around 85 rather than pushing 100 degrees). I love it.
Another nice blessing is the lesson we've been able to teach our children about the power of prayer and fasting, that Heavenly Father does hear us when we pray, and he gives us the things that we need.
These pictures are from a lightning storm we had a couple weeks ago. There wasn't any rain, just lots of lightning. And though it looks like it hit the fence right in front of me, it didn't. And it was dark not day time. The lightning just lit up the picture.
These two pictures were of the same strike (I love the rapid fire shutter on my camera:) But we did decide to go in soon after. The house behind us (that white one in the middle in these photos) was hit by lightning a couple nights before these pictures were taken. And 3 houses on our street have been hit as well. (one strike left a gaping hole in the front of a house down the street.) I think we must be on a slight hill. Anyway, we went in.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that story! I definitely needed to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear about faith being rewarded! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing all week. We had the same fast in our Stake. Love the rain! I was almost sad to see the blue sky yesterday (although it was a gorgeous day!)

    What is it with your neighborhood? There are always houses getting hit by lightning. Maybe lack of big trees?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you rotate the lightning bolt on picture one 180 degrees it lines up exactly with the second picture. Digital cameras do interesting things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely family! Come see us agian. Love, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooooo cool! I love your high-tech camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Bryan, I noticed it too. That is quite freaky. At first I thought it was a Photochop... but then again camera's do do freaky things.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents