1.17.2010

Napoleon Bonaparte costume


So here is the costume:  I love how it turned out.  Just like what I had in mind.  We got Isaac baseball pants and black mud boots and Nate's red tie to finish the costume.  It really was very fun for me.  I changed the cut of the jacket and added the red trim.  I made up the shoulder/fringe things and the red cuffs from scratch.  I really want to try making more things without a pattern, or try drafting my own patterns.  The possibilities are endless!
Click on the picture to see a bigger version.

11 comments:

  1. looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an amazing talent - the costume is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool.

    And what a handsome kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isaac cracks me up. nice job bets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great costume. Better not let the word out though - or you will be making costumes forever.

    But maybe that's okay - since you love it!!

    (After a time I got tired of making costumes - if I wasn't excited about the particular costume, it became drudgery!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good grief! so awesome, and in such a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coat rocks ... make one in my size and I promise I will wear it to church ... with the tie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it turned out awesome! and the baseball pants are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, he is probably just the right height.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mad skills! Mad skills!

    He is a handsome little man :)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents