4.03.2011

General Conference Weekend

I love General Conference weekend. It's usually a little bit more relaxed and we enjoy spending time together to listen to the prophet. I always hear messages that seem just for me. The kids still request that we play conference BINGO. Although Hazel is the only one that actually plays. The others just want the candy. But, it's not a big deal anymore. Since they are older they listen without the BINGO game to keep them focused. The Legos come out and everyone listens and plays quietly.

I loved the second speaker today for the morning session (of course I can't remember his name). His message about trials being the pruning that the Gardener desires us to endure so that we can be what he wants us to be really got to me. Also the metaphor that raising easy children versus challenging ones is like being enrolled in Parenting 101 versus Parenting 505. I really related to that one. I hope to I can graduate from that 505 class some day.

Today we got up early to take bluebonnet pics. It was overcast, which is good so that everyone doesn't have to squint, but makes for kind of gray pictures. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow in different flowers. I'll miss this tradition. Hopefully there are wildflowers all over in Kansas as well.





1 comment:

  1. They must have wildflowers in Kansas - it is the midwest after all!

    And I love Conference weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents