11.07.2005

In the midnight hour

I've been lamenting the fact that Hazel has regressed in her sleep-through-the-night habits. Since going on vacation, she has started waking 3 or 4 times a night. Needless to say, that kind of schedule leads to a severe sleep deficiency, on my part at least. Since Nate is out of town on business I had planned on helping Hazel regain her better sleep habits while he was gone. However, I have realized that I am too much of a softy. I only want to see my children happy and somehow this method of helping her learn to sleep through the night by letting her cry and fall asleep on her own is leaving me in tears as well.

I have come to the conclusion that instead of fighting the nightly interruptions, I will embrace the opportunity to spend some quiet alone time with my baby girl. I only wish that there was enough time during the day that I could spend hours and hours of undivided attention with each of my children. This has been my dilemma since choosing to have more than one child...I wish there were more of me to go around so that I could meet all the needs of my sweet children. I love them with all of my heart. There is no place I'd rather be than with them.

1 comment:

  1. Betsy, it's good that you make the best of the situation. I used to stay up with McKay all hours of the night when Jake was out of town. It was only after 4 or 5 nights of staying up til 1 or 2 in the morning that she didn't like it anymore. (Except she was 3). You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents