12.08.2005

Ice Storm Update

Well for us our snow day was great. We made cookies and played games and the kids played outside. But apparently most roads were impassable for most of the day. Up in Dallas an 18 wheeler jack-knifed and plowed into an SUV then burst into flames. The driver escaped unharmed fortunately. On the other side of the freeway at the same time was another accident involving another 18 wheeler. It was taking drivers 9 - 10 hours to make the 3 hour drive from Dallas to Austin. I'm glad that we stayed in. There was just a ton of black ice all over the roads everywhere. Tonight is supposed to be colder than last night - Nearing Zero for some areas. But at least it won't be raining. I still don't understand how the rain doesn't turn into snow when it is so cold. It was way below freezing but raining and sleeting. ANyway, it was fun for us to listen to Christmas music, frost cookies and be warm indoors. The funny thing is - it will be in the upper 60's again by Saturday. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by Texas weather.

2 comments:

  1. Utah is having similar weather. The only difference is they will NEVER EVER cancel school. Which I think they probably should have a couple of days ago because the roads were really scary. I hate driving on roads like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way scary! I hope the weather is better soon! I talked to a neighbor yesterday and I guess the last three nights in Idaho have been -15. The days are 5. It's crazy weather everywhere! In Idaho they don't cancel school either. They just keep the kids indoors so no one gets hurt on the ice.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents