12.07.2005

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is soooo cold. It is 27 degrees here in Austin - but with the wind chill
it feels like-----------12 degrees!!!!!
And it's supposed to get into single digits tonight!! This is insanely cold weather for Texas. I went out to take a picture of my house with only a light sweater on and I couldn't stand it I had to run back in after only 25 seconds. Maybe I'm getting wimpy after 8 years of living in Texas. But it is really, really cold. THe wind just gets inside and it is hard to get warm. It is supposed to rain and maybe snow tonight even (my kids are crossing their fingers). And schools are either closing or are being delayed a couple hours tomorrow (my kids are crossing their toes for this one!) It was almost 80 degrees a couple days ago! But that's Texas for you. luckily, I heard that the cold front was coming and so I was able to go and buy coats for my kids yesterday. Good thing. Their old ones were about 3 or 4 inches too short(on the arms) and wouldn't zip up on Isaac. So today we enjoyed hot chocolate after school. And nothing beats a good grilled cheese sandwich and soup on a frigid day like today.

I was going to post some pics, but I think Nate took my firewire for my camera, so, alas, I can't get the pictures off my camera. So there will be some added later.

3 comments:

  1. We can sypathize... our wind chill is at 16. I went out to cover some plants, and they already had ice on them. At least it is supposed to be nicer this weekend! 60's sound downright balmy after today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cold. Although when we left Idaho on Monday it was suppose to get down to 5 that night, without windchill. And Idaho always has wind. I am like you though. I hate the cold now. BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I took the wrong cable. The sad thing is that it doesn't work with the other digital camera, so I can't even use it.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents