12.03.2005

Make A List

1. I love lists. Ask Nate. He makes fun of me for doing it. I write one every night before I go to bed. If I don't, I can't sleep. I usually write at least 4 or 5 others during the day. During church, while I am waiting for the kids or at the doctor's office. It passes the time. I can't seem to keep track of my lists so I make the same lists over and over again. So here is another list.

2. I love that even at age ten, when Toby loses a tooth (and he doesn't have many more to lose!) he still puts it under his pillow.

3. I love that Nate made Hazel an extra bottle and put it in the fridge for her middle of the night feeding for me.

4. I love that my brothers and sisters are growing up and now we are better friends and do more and talk more.

5. I love blogs, even more than email. I can keep up with all those people that I wouldn't get the chance to otherwise.

6. I love the time after the kids are in bed and before I go to bed. It is quiet and I can relax.

7. I love the way the house looks and feels at Christmas time in the dark with all the twinkle lights on the tree, the porch, the banisters, every where.

8. I love singing Christmas song with my children around the candle windmill.

9. I love holding Hazel in the middle of the night when it is quiet.

10. I love looking at catalogs and window shopping. (Cheaper and I can do it in bed!)

11. I love trying to get organized. It always looks good on paper, but harder to keep going in real life. It's too hard to schedule and plan real life. But I keep trying.

12. I love making stuff for other people. It seems more worthwhile than doing it for myself.

13. I love reading the terrill blogs - it is probably the most intelligent and thought provoking thing I read during the day for the most part. Mostly it is magazines and catalogs (see noumber 10 above) they are easier to put down and pick up again. I always plan on doing such things myself, but life with a baby is not so easily mulitasked. They are my heroes when it comes to literature. How can you all remember so many quotes and stories and poems and song lyrics?!

14. I love that my kids are independent.

15. I love that there are great blue herons in the pond behind my house. Since moving to Texas we have taken up bird watching. Most every kind of bird either lives here or migrates through, including the monarch butterflies and lots of bats.

16. I love shoes. My favorites list on Zappos.com is enormous. Unfortunately my closet and bank account are not.

17. I love that my kids watch everything that I do - it keeps me on my best behavior.

18. I love that my mom made us take piano lessons through high school. I am starting organ lessons next month.

19. I love to snuggle underneath my feather comforters at night when it is freezing cold outside.

20. I love chocolate. (must include that)

4 comments:

  1. I love you betsy!!! and i love that you like making lists -it must be a kerksiek thing, because i love write out everything i have to do in a day, i get such a thrill out of crossing things off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding number two:
    In the comic "Hi and Lois" in the paper today, Dot:"I'm beginning to wonder about some of the stories Mom and Dad tell us." Ditto:"Like what?" Dot:"Santa Claus flying in a sleigh? The Easter Bunney delivering all those baskets. The Tooth Fairy leaving a lollar under our pillow without waking us up!" Ditto:"Let's ask Chip!" Chip:"Presents, Candy and money is all the proof I need!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever made a list at the end of the day and then crossed all of the things off that you have done already? It makes me feel productive. A retrospective list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too. I also add things to my to do list that I have already done so that I can cross them off. It really does make you feel good!!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents