1.20.2007

WARNING: Not for little eyes


We were doing a little bit of spring cleaning last week while we were stuck home during the ice storm and I was helping Aspen clean out her room. I found a tooth on her shelf that she had, apparently, lost some time ago. This is our conversation:

Mom: "When did you lose this tooth?"

Aspen: "A long time ago. But the tooth fairy never came."

Mom: "Maybe you can write her a note."

Aspen: "I already did. She still didn't come."

Mom: "Maybe the tooth fairy is on vacation."

Side note - The tooth fairy has been known to take very long "vacations" because of forgetting to check pillows. She ends up paying double to appease the child who lost the tooth for taking so long.

Then that night at dinner we were talking about it again. It came out that Isaac thinks that I am the tooth fairy. So I took the opportunity to share the truth about all magical creatures.

On Friday morning Aspen came down for breakfast and said, "Can I have a dollar for this tooth that I pulled out last night? And a dollar for the last one that you never paid me for?"

Mom, the tooth fairy, no longer needs to be sneaky to buy those baby teeth now. No need for sneaky santas either I guess. Until Hazel gets older anyway.

4 comments:

  1. now the real question is do they still get the money if the tooth fairy no longer exists?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to have that conversation, as the tooth fairy forgets things around here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I saw this conversation in the comics awhile back between a younger and and older brother. The older brother basically told the younger one that it was a no brainer. It's OK to not believe, but if you don't, youdon't get visited by any of them, No tooth fairy, no Easter bunny, no Santa Claus, and no NOTHING from any of them, and he finished with, "So you choose, believe or not......."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I am already not looking forward to that conversation.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents