6.25.2010

norway day 12

We went to the American Embassy today. To see where Hester works and meet her friends. (The highlight of the visit for the kids was finding giant paper clips and extra wide rubber bands. It sure doesn't take much to entertain them.)
We also went to pick up the hitchhiker bike that I shipped here for Hazel. We have been walking everywhere and I figured that though the older kids could ride the rental bikes just fine, Hazel would need something else. So I got this.
We got it home and Andreas put it together for us. (Thanks so much for his help!) And then we tried it out.

We didn't even make it to the end of the block. Hazel is too afraid to ride it. It kind of wobbles too much for her liking. And it is hard to turn corners on without really leaning to the side. Not good things for a little girl that is still getting used to training wheels on her bike at home.

So I think that this was probably an unwise purchase on my part. And I don't think Hazel will willing try this again. We're going to try again tomorrow...but I am doubtful. But on the bright side: I think I can sell it here and get back what I paid for it, including the double shipping costs. Even if I only get back the price of the bike, at least I won't have to get it back home and I'll get some of my money back.

I guess you win some and you lose some.


2 comments:

  1. It looks interesting anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh man- too bad...it looks so cool! Emma would probably be just as hesitant too. Looks rad though!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents