6.22.2010

Norway day 9 / Toby turns 15

Toby turned 15 today. How can he be that old already?

He is such a terrific young man. He has such imagination and creativity. He created his own language...with an alphabet and grammar rules and everything...written and spoken. He is a great artist. He is a talented pianist and is super smart. Whenever one of my kids, or my friends, asks me a question (especially science related ones), I just tell tem to go ask Toby. He knows everything...or at least a lot.

He honors his priesthood. He is also very loving, always comes up and gives me hugs for no reason and tells me he loves me (makes my heart melt every time). He likes to help out and do nice things for others.

Today we had birthday cake, went to Frogner Park (where the kids play tag on the playground. The only rule is that you can't touch the ground. You have to stay on the equipment.), and played a rousing game of Skipbo.

Best statements from the past couple days:

"I've figured out to ask for only one present...then you are sure to get it!"

When I asked him if he felt different now that he was 15, he said, "No." Then.. "Can I get my learner's permit?"

Me..."Heck no." ..............................................................................I am soooo not ready for that.

Still...how did he get to be 15?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... 15 ... oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day to you - and best wishes the whole year through too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 15 year old. It is a wonderful age! Happy Birthday to you, Toby. Love, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to toby! my girl doesn't turn 15 til september and she is already counting down the days until she gets her permit. geez.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents