7.02.2010

Norway day 17


This past week has been the "vacation" part of our vacation. We haven't really done any sight seeing, mostly just been hanging out. There has been a lot of reading, drawing, games, movies, cookies, and trips to the 7-11 for ice cream and treats. Actually, I haven't been doing the treats parts, just paying for them.

Remember my thirty seven goals? Well I am working on the no sugar for 37 days goal. I'm not sure why I chose to do this while on vacation. But it's probably a good thing, otherwise, my clothes might not fit anymore. Anyway, I've gone 18 days without dessert or candy. For me that's a mighty feat. Usually I can't make it a day. I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it if I really wanted to. But usually, why would I want to miss out on so many delicious foods? Anyway, I'll have a week of my vacation left to indulge my sweet tooth after the 37 days are up. You can bet I'll be trying out Norway's sweets. As of today, I can only tell you that their fruit is pretty delicious. We eat a lot of it.

Hope everyone's summer is as relaxing as our's. Enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Harry goes weeks without sweets - I admire anyone with that kind of willpower. I can't even eat cereal without sugar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom has gone months without sweets, and has lost a lot of weight. Sometimes it is easier to just not indulge at all! I can't eat cereal without sugar either. And I would never give up chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I miss most about when we lived in Germany were the fabulous sweet and savory baked goods- so when I went back there years ago I ATE soooo much of that stuff! I swear I stopped at every bakery I passed. I am proud of you and your goal and you will appreciate that last week when you can go to town on the yummy sweet things Norway has to offer. You are my hero- I really don't think I could last 37 days without sugar, but I am okay with that- ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents