9.13.2010

Before and After: New Floors

Way back in December of last year, I got fed up with the dirty carpet in my living room and tore it out one afternoon. It looked like this:


We debated many options: paint, stain, polish the concrete, new carpet, wood floors? I really wanted the wood floors, but it wasn't the least expensive option. While I was in Utah last month, Nate found a good deal and installed some beautiful wood floors.

And though it was very fun to be able to draw with chalk on the living room floor, ride scooters without leaving marks, and not worry about mud or food or anything on the concrete, it was more fun to love my new floors. Thanks Nate!

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We refinished some of our wood floors last spring - I enjoy them. We'd like to do that with the living room floor - but I do like the carpet in their - and there is apparently termite damage in the wood.

    But yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Can't wait to come check out the new floors. I will have to have James get with Nate on where he got them because we want to do those in our house and get rid of the gross carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all wood floors and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents