9.12.2010

Labor Day

On Labor Day, Nate ran his first triathlon. It was the Austin Triathlon. And Nate participated with a few friends. He did the Olympic distance: 1 mile swim (which he did in under 35 minutes!), 25 mile bike ride, 10K run. Finished in about 3 1/2 hours. I am very proud of him. He trained all summer while I was gone.

I wish I could have been there to see him, but we had another activity that the rest of us were expected at:

Our scouts did a pancake breakfast on Monday morning. the 11 year-olds did advertising,
The teachers cooked, and the deacons served food. Parents were expected to set up and take down, and various quality control jobs. So, despite the rain, and heat, the scouts did a good job.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Nate!! Why not work up to doing Boston? Then we could have a mini-family reunion.

    And I always love a Scout Pancake Breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents