12.04.2010

Things I'm grateful for while I'm sick

I've been sick for the past couple days. So sick it makes me cry. I haven't been this sick in maybe 20 years. And I don't deal with pain very well. At least not sore throat pain. Can't swallow, can't eat, can barely drink - only do it because I don't want to get dehydrated. Nothing tastes good. My head is all stuffed up, my jaw hurts, I have some massive tension headaches, dizzy, nauseus, and my whole body hurts. Basically have the flu I think. But these are the things I am thankful for this weekend:
  1. Advil
  2. Tylenol
  3. Sudafed
  4. Chloraseptic - spray and lozenges
  5. Kids that are helping out and being nicer to each other than normal because I am sick.
  6. Friends that are picking up the church assignments that I was supposed to do this weekend.
  7. A husband that is picking up the slack on this very busy weekend, even though he has a ton of his own stuff that he needs to do. Including helping one forgetful son with his science project that was due two days ago but wasn't paying attention and didn't do it over Thanksgiving like he was supposed to; taking Hazel to have breakfast with Santa; and then to a birthday party at one of those inflatable bouncey places.
  8. A big bathtub.
  9. Two water heaters.
  10. A kind husband who was willing to bring 5-gallon buckets of hot water from the bath upstairs to my bath downstairs when my hot water ran out halfway into filling the tub. (They are on different water heaters.) That was the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow being sick during the holidays is worse than being sick other times. At least you are able to see the silver lining in the cloud.

    Take care and be well!!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents