1.09.2008

The Consecutive Club

Our primary started a new program this year called the Consecutive Club. The kids have been asked to help their families hold daily scripture reading, family prayer and weekly family night. For every week they do this, they get their card punched. So we have renewed our efforts and begun again. Even Hazel reads something. Why don't you join us? I am not sure what the primary is offering as a reward, but I know that you'll enjoy a more peaceful home and more obedient children in the meantime (I read that as a promise from Boyd K. Packer somewhere).

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book that we are doing our FHE out of this year it is called Before they turn Twelve. We did the first lesson out of it the other day and the kids loved the lesson. The book gives you an activity a scripture story and treat ideas. It takes the standards from the For the Strength of the Yough pamphlets and does a lesson on each one. The lessons are geared towards kids ages 5 to 12 but Toby would probably enjoy them as well. I think this has been the best buy that I have made for our FHE and I will probably use it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that book is on my list of ones to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The January Friend had a keystone arch in it with how to read the BOM in a year. I've cut that out and went an extra mile. I calculated how many verses a day the little ones needed to read to keep it even. FYI: 4 verses a day.

    My middle two can handle that, Jeremy is reading a chapter a day. There are less than three hundred chapters in the BOM so he'll be done in a year as well.

    I was excited to see this in the Friends and so were my kids. We haven't missed many nights-and it's easy to read 8 instead of 4 verses.

    I've heard that same promise. Good luck. I haven't felt the effects of that particular promise yet, but Jeremy's reading is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great...also, you are wonderful at capturing moments on camera. Very good photography skills. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Primary!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents