1.12.2008

It's all your fault

I was talking to my friend Katie the other day when she came to pick up her daughter Briton, whom I had been keeping while she went to an appointment.


Katie: Briton keeps asking "Why?" all the time. It is driving me nuts.

Me: Really? (I had just watched her for three hours and gotten the full "Why?" experience) Hazel just asks "What?" all the time.

Katie: Yeah. Briton used to ask "What?" Then a couple days ago she started asking, "Why?"

(It suddenly dawns on me that there is something I need to tell Katie about that.)

Me: Oh, about that: When Briton was over a couple days ago she was talking to Nate and asking "what?" A LOT. So...

Nate says: Hey Briton, You want to know a better word to say? Say "Why?" all the time instead.

Katie: AAHHHH!!! So it's all Nate's fault!


Who knew she would actually understand what he was saying? Just goes to show...you never know when the kids are really listening.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't Nate like these poor people? First the car, and now this.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl has a good point. Both Jake and I laughed at that one.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents