12.09.2008

Bi-polar weather

Even after living in Texas for more than 11 years, I still can't get used to how fast the weather can change.

We woke up to warm and humid today: 80 degrees.

I took the kids to lunch and we decided to eat outside. About 5 minutes after we sat down, the wind came up and instantly it turned cold. The wind had changed from a warm, balmy southerly breeze to a cold, stiff northerly wind. We ate fast and high-tailed it to the warm car.

Tonight it is supposed to snow.

It is true what they say: "If you don't like the weather here in Texas, just was a bit. Something will change."

We're supposed to get flurries, sleet/snow mix, and wind (wind chill will make it feel like 24 degrees F.)

24??!!
SNOW??!!
HUH??!!

I haven't bought coats for 3 years. My baby girl doesn't even own one. I was hoping to get through the season on jackets. But this weather is supposed to last all week. I might have to break down and buy one...if I can even find a decent one. They don't sell real coats here. Thank heavens for internet shopping and UPS. I won't have to even go outside to get it!

3 comments:

  1. I buy next year coats when they go on sale in January. Here you need a light coat for fall and a heavy coat for winter. I have a coat here I can mail you for Hazel if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i thought vegas weather was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, only in TX. Dave and I used to joke that our old backyard in TX was the nexus of the universe. Since, the weather changed so fast and the wind literally could be blowing in from all directions at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents