12.10.2008

Christmas Countdown Day 8, 9, and 10

There aren't pictures to go with most of these activities. Though I love to take pictures, sometimes I miss out on being in the moment with my kids because I'm too busy trying to save the moment for posterity. So sometimes, I don't do pictures.

Monday we watched a movie (Santa Claus 2) and made finger puppets.

Tuesday was split. We had bought tickets for the Austin Symphony's performance of Handel's Messiah (which we have been going to see for 12 years!) Then, the day after, Aspen tells me that her band concert is that night. So Nate took the boys to the Messiah. I took the girls to Aspen's band concert.

I am really proud of Aspen. She practices her flute without being reminded most days. She really enjoys it and is quite good, especially considering she's only been playing since September.

Tonight we went to Chuy's for dinner (we were all craving some Tex-Mex)

and then to Best Buy. Isaac said he could live there and be happy. We looked at everything. Used the video camera to look inside Isaac's ears (gross) and played Rock Band for awhile.


(I think I want this game. But it would also require a new gaming system. And I swore I'd never buy another. But Rock Band is really fun. )

3 comments:

  1. My son is asking for Rock Band for Christmas. Whenever we go to Best Buy, he runs to the game and plays it while we're shopping. It looks fun and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun days. and seriously sometimes it is just fine to put down the camera - you got to have fun too!

    we missed Messiah this year - a choir puts on a free concert every year but this year was crazy so we couldn't go.

    ROCK BAND is awesome. We have played often with extended family and friends. We are finally getting it ourselves this year - my parent are giving my kids a Wii christmas. I can't wait. Wii is great fun for the whole family. Both my parents and in-laws have them for themselves (my MIL loves Wii Play and Wii Fit) and even great grandma gets in on the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock Band is awesome. We've played it at Kristi's house and at our friends house up in Riverton. The great thing about it is playing with others. You totally feel like you're in a band. If our kids were older, we'd buy it in a minute.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents